Agent - Railway Structures
As the CRE and Agent for the Railway Structures you will report to the Section Manager for the Routeway Assets. You will be accountable for the development and execution of the structural remedial works to the Network Rail and London Underground assets along the path of the Tunnel Boring Machines. You will manage the development of engineering solutions to remediate existing structures, including structural modifications and enhancements. You will interface with stakeholders and asset owners to ensure that all stakeholder requirements are met.
The specific role duties include, but are not limited to, the following:-
- Ensuring the effective planning of all works, including identification of relevant statutory and HS2 approvals and ensuring that these are requirements are and communicated to the supply chain and in place prior to the commencement of the works. Understand the both the activities, logic and critical path and associated key handover dates within your section of the works. Identify risks and opportunities within the established Clause 32 program and communicate these in a timely manner. Ensure that an accurate 12 weekly program is established and maintained, recording actual progress against planned.
- Supporting the engineering team in the development of effective and efficient engineering solution, ensuing constructability and value for money are considered throughout the development of design solutions.
- Ensure that accurate contemporaneous records of the works on the site are maintained on a daily basis for your section of works in the agreed template and to an agreed standard. Any events resulting in a delay or change must be notified to the Project Manager and Commercial Staff in a timely manner
- Administer the subcontracts for your packages of works, understanding Subcontractor responsibilities and attendances provided by the Contractor, identifying and recording change/potential change as the works progress. Undertake weekly progress meetings with subcontracts with the support of the Construction Manager/Project Manager as required. Undertake regular formal reviews of subcontractor performance, escalating issues to the Project Manager where required.
- Take ownership for safety in your section of the works, ensuring that all works are compliant with statutory, company, and project requirements. Take a leading role in all stages of the safety lifecycle, from Safety Readiness Reviews through to Lessons Learnt. Ensure that you and your team have the appropriate training and experience to manage the works under your control, escalating any concerns to your line manager.
- Support the Temporary Works Coordinator by identifying, defining, procuring and managing the Temporary Works within your section. Undertake regular site inspections of temporary works, during installation, prior to and during use. Ensure that all Temporary Works in your section are compliant to industry best practice.
- Develop and Maintain Site Wide Logistics Plan and assist the Logistics Supervisor in maintaining both the Weekly and Daily Logistics Plan for your section of works. Ensure that all suppliers and subcontractors under your control are aware of the specific site requirements in relation site logistics.
- Define the quality standards and requirements in accordance with the contract requirements and manage these within your section of the works. This shall include but not be limited to Material Certification, Development and Implementation of ITPs, and identification and management of snags and defects. Ensure that information for the handover file is compiled promptly upon completion of the works, including As Builts and closing out of all outstanding works and defects. Support the completion of legacy works across the contract as required
- Safe Delivery
- Delivery if a Quality product to the end user
- Effective Subcontract Management
- Effective planning and implementation of works
The Ideal Candidate
Required qualifications, skills, and attributes
- Experience of NR works, including valid Sentinel and CRE experience
- Experience of LU Works, including valid ICI
- Achieved or working towards construction based qualification.
- Previous Civils Works experience – required
- Previous structures remedials - desirable
- CSCS – Required
- SMSTS – Required
- First Aid – Desirable
- Confined Space Awareness – Desirable
- Open and Honest
- Team Player