Accreditation and Competency Manager
Reporting to Utility Project Director, The Accreditation and Competency Manager will be responsible for developing systems for and recording all supply chain competencies to ensure SCS meet their requirements under Lloyds Accreditation and H&S Regulations attaining to the competency and experience of all individuals and supply chain partners undertaking utility works.
Any supplier working on behalf of SCS must have carried out assessments on their employees and subcontractors and issued the appropriate competency certificate and passport.
The role takes responsibility to audit SCS supply chain in all matters attaining to training, accreditations and competence ensuring compliance from individual staff to company accreditations and will be the key interface between SCS and Lloyds.
- Ensure full compliance with all Lloyds Register Requirements Scheme Standards on HS2 Project.
- Liaise with Project Team and SCS Supply chain to coordinate opportunities for Scope extension from Partial to Full accreditation.
- Understand and ensure all Statutory Legislative requirements and to ensure all regulations are met and complied with at all times on site.
- Ensure that the quality of all works meets the requisite scope, specification and design standards.
- To liaise effectively with Supply Chain Management to ensure that they are meeting their obligations of the Lloyds Register Requirements.
- To ensure those supply chain appointed individuals carrying out the roles of Technical Advisor; Assessing Officer and Technical Audit and Accredited Project Manager are complying with their duties and responsibilities under Lloyds.
- Produce reports covering project progress, investigation of incident, action plan etc..
The Ideal Candidate
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Thorough knowledge of Lloyds Register Scheme Requirements (NERS, WIRS, GIRS)
- Thorough understanding of NRSWA 1991 & TMA 2004 CDM 2015 Utilities Act 2000
- Understand and interpret construction drawings, specifications and standards
- Familiar with appropriate legal documentation relating to Competition in Connections
- Experience of working toward and/or attaining ISO 9001, 14001, 45001
- Previous experience as Assessing Officer for Lloyds Accredited works
- Thorough understanding of assessment processes for Lloyds qualified staff
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Previous experience participating in, or carrying out Internal Audits
- SHEA Gas, Water, Electric
- Network Rail - Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- Network Rail CRE / CEM
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.