4D Visualisation Planner
This is a key role ito bring together in a visual manner the programme of works for the delivery of the Eastern section of HS2 at Euston.
Manage the delivery and coordination of visual representations of our planned delivery programme across the five key assets which make up the Euston Approaches section of HS2 MWCC.
Through the development of coordinated slide packs you will be responsible for their production and updating in line with the P6 programme.
This visualisation will allow the construction teams to plan and identify:
- Spatial allocation
- Vehicle / pedestrian routes
- Working platforms
- Temporary services routes
- Access routes
- Plan storage
- Logistical conflicts
- Identify opportunity
Key duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Coordinate between the MWCC asset leads individual programme requirements
- Actively participate in the planning of the works by engagement with the engineering and supervisors’ teams
- Produce and maintain a visual sequence of works to allow ease of understanding on how we envisage utilization of the site space to deliver the works envisaged to be on a rolling quarterly basis
- Liaise between the planning, delivery, and supervision teams
- Assist by identification of the need for temporary works in a timely manner
The Ideal Candidate
- Suitable Building /Civil Engineering Technical qualification HNC/ HND/Degree
- Degree of skill in using various drawing software packages (Candidate will be required to provide evidence of this at Interview both depth and breadth)
- Have a least 5 years’ experience working in a heavy civil engineering environment, either with a main contractor or specialist subcontractor preferably within and adjacent to operational NR infrastructure
- Ability to identify potential spatial conflicts (Examples will be required where this has been achieved before)
- Have a depth of understanding of the demands of heavy construction on site space
- Highly effective communicator and able to influence others
- Previous experience in complex project delivery environment, in a similar role
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Ability to think three dimensionally
- Good understanding of the management of Health Safety and welfare Regulations associated with site layout and planning of complex construction activities.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.